Prof. (Dr.) GV Ramaraju
Pro Vice Chancellor ( R&D)
Tel: 0129 2202456, 0129 2598305
Research& Innovation at Lingaya's University
The world currently is amidst of knowledge economy. In the knowledge economy knowledge is of primary importance in contrast to natural resources, physical, capital and labour force in creating tangible and intangible value to the society.
Knowledge work requires non-routine problem solving approach with a combination of convergent, divergent and creative thinking. Knowledge workers with their education and background earn their living by thinking.
In the knowledge economy, Research, Development and Innovation (RD&I) are very important components in creating the wealth and ensure the high growth path. This is more so in the present day environment where new and innovative products and solutions are introduced in the market place every day replacing the earlier products very fast-one striking examples being the mobile phones. The major requirement is the knowledge workers with innovative skills and conductive environment. It is our role and responsibility to appropriately impart skills with high knowledge component and innovative skills to meet challenges of knowledge economy.
Lingaya's University has conceived a pragmatic and focused approach for Research, Development and Innovation.
R & D and Innovation Cell
To provide adequate attention to R & D and Innovation, the R & D and innovation cell has been established by the University. The R & D and Innovation Cell is identifying various components and making implementation plans of the same including: 1) faculty and student Ph. D enrolments 2) taking up R & D and innovation projects with problem solving approach for both local and global problems and issues and guiding the faculty in preparation of the project proposals 3) Participation of both graduate and post-graduate students in the R& D and student Innovation, 4) enhancing the course curricula with the R& D experience, 5) collaboration with industry 6) Collaboration with other universities and institutions, 7) multi-disciplinary research, 8) Publications and patents/copyrights, 9)entrepreneurship development and incubation, 10)organizing as well as participating in workshops & conferences, 11)organizing expert lectures etc. The university has constituted the following bodies:
1. Board of Research, innovation, Consultancy and Entrepreneurship (RICE) The functions of the Board are as follows:
- a. Development of Research Proposals
- b. Development of Innovation Hubs/Clubs
- c. Recommendation for Consultancy activities
- d. Development/Recommendation for Entrepreneurship policy and activities, and
- e. IPR/Patents-promotions; and
2. Lingaya's Centre for Incubation and Entrepreneurship (LCIE) The functions of LCIE are as follows:
- Students and Alumni of Lingaya's Group of Institutions (LGIs);
- The faculty members of LGI including ex faculty members (as per rules of LGIs);
- Individuals partnering with faculty members/students or alumni of LGIs;
- R & D partners of LGIs (Sponsors of R & D and consultancy Projects); and
- Government Agencies associated with research & innovations of LGIs.
- to advice, review and strengthen the work of Ph. D scholars, and
- to enhance the relevance and quality of Ph. D work taken up by Ph. D students of the University.
- 1. Industrial Consultancy policy has been enhanced to facilitate the faculty to take up industrial and other consultancy activities
- 2. Ph. D regulations have been reviewed and revised in accordance with the UGC norms and guidelines.
- 3. Activities on student innovations have been enhanced with minor and major projects from 3rd Semester onwards and workshops and competitions on innovations are organized. Guidelines have been formulated for identification and procedures for execution and monitoring of the projects.
- Art & Design
- Artificial Intelligence
- Automobile Emission Control
- Big Data Analysis and Data Mining
- Climate Resilient Infrastructure
- Clinical Research
- Cloud Computing
- Complex Functions and Applications
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Digital Signal Processing
- Embedded Systems
- Energy Language and Women Empowerment
- English Proficiency and Social Growth
- Enhancement of English Learning in Rural Schools
- E-Security/Cyber Security
- Human-Computer Interface
- Human-Computer Interface
- Industrial Waste Treatment
- Integrated Villages in Urban Setting
- Internet of Things (IOT) and Cyber Physical Systems (CPS)
- Material Research
- Micro Strip Antennas
- Organic Polymers and Composite Polymers
- Retailing and Digital Management
- Risk Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Seismic Analysis of Structures
- Structural Engineering
- Sustainable Housing
- Traffic Management
- Water Purification
- The Team titled "Ballistic" from Lingaya's University won Ist position in the Robo War in the "Robo War and Robo Space" competition held in Chandigarh in October 2015
- In SAE Baja event team reached to finals for 3 consecutive years in toughest competition where over 350 reputed institutions participated. In 2012 the team won the Ist Prize of maneuverabity event and in the year 2014 it bagged 3rd prize. In this category we used innovation of 4-wheel steer in ATV to reduce turning radius. Also, catalytic convertor was developed to reduce emissions remarkably, at low cost as "Go green project" of SAE-Baja. B
- Tech Fest 2017: With a mission to delve on contemporary practices and techniques emerging in different fields of Science and engineering, Lingaya's University has organized "Tech Fest- 2017" on the theme "Smart India: Present & Future" on 17th February, 2017. It was aimed to attract the attention of faculty members and students towards the recent trends of Research and Development in various branches of Science and engineering. To encourage creative thinking, provide exploratory experiences and promote innovative ideas among our youth, faculty members guided the students to prepare innovative projects in various fields. Tech Fest also emphasized on power point presentation through expert discussion on different topics with an aim to highlight the significance and applications of various technologies.Theevent brought together 18 projects, 20 power point presentations and 6 technical and business games. Students have prepared innovative projects like self-sustainable cycle, Solar Car, Cut section and working model of engines, Concept Apartment, Train Accident Safety System, Lung Cancer Detection Using Image Processing, Smart and Sustainable village,Hover Bike for Blind people, Go-Kart, Speech Enabled System for Robot, Business Plan and many others..
- The under graduate students have participated very actively and enthusiastically in the special event titled "Innovation Contribution of youth towards Globalization" in April 2015 organized by the University and developed many innovative ideas in the area of "Future of landslide early detection system","witricity: and emerging Revolution" for producing wireless electricity, "Energy Efficiency: and Urgent Inevitability" etc.
- Design of Low Cost EEG Based Brain Computer Interface
- Catalytic Converter
- Novel Tool for Effective Knowledge representation
- Antenna design
- Medical imaging
- Internet of things
- Virtual instrumentation
3. Research Advisory Committee (RAC) in the School/Department strengthened with eminent external experts from IITs, Industry, Central Universities etc. The function of these RACs would be to brainstorm and identify area and projects for research in the School/Departments of the University.
4. Research Progress Advisory Committees (RPAC) in the schools/departments strengthened with external experts from academia and industry. The function of RPAC would be:
In addition, the University has carried out the following:
The R & D and Innovation cell helps faculty and students to pursue their interest in basic and applied research in Engineering and Technology, Management, Architecture, Pharmacy etc. Some of the area of research & Development and Innovation of the university are:
The University has taken up both the University Projects and sponsored projects. The University has applied for sponsored projects to DST and other sponsoring agencies in various agencies including Internet of things, social networks and applications, Image processing, water purification , pharmacy etc. The university is financially supporting the faculty for undertaking research of their interest.
The faculty and students of the University public research articles in reputed reviewed journals and conferences. The University encourages them to publish in Scopus indexed journals to maintain the quality of research. More than 320 papers have been published/presented during the past three years upto 2015-16 in the areas of Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Pharmacy, Education, English and Management.
Ph. D Programme
The mission of Lingaya's University is to impart professional education to students to enable them to promote industrial, economic and social development of the country. The University offers academic programs at three levels viz U. G , P. G., and Doctoral. In the Doctoral program of the University enrollment is done on regular as well as part time basis. The University has sofar awarded 23 Ph.Ds and about more than 140 students have been enrolled for Ph.D in various discipline in Business Administration, Computer Sc. Engg., Computer Application, Electronic comm. Engg., Civil Engg., Architecture, English, Information Technology, Education, Mathematics, Electrical and Electronics Engg., Physics, Mechanical Engg. and Clinical Research.
The university encourages its entire non-Ph. D faculty to register for Ph. D as soon as they join as faculty at the university and a substantial faculty members have registered for Ph. D.
Lingaya's University has a number of schools and various engineering and other programs are currently being run with good opportunity for interdisciplinary research which is essential in this era of convergence of technologizes and evolution of new areas for developing professional and practical R & D outputs. R & D Cell is striving to provide a platform for interdisciplinary research activities, in order to promote innovation, creativity and knowledge expansion.
The innovation projects motivate students to understand, apply and appreciate the principles and give entirely new confidence and professionalism to them. Every department is building up innovation labs with suitable facilities where students in teams can work and develop innovative ideas, technologies and products
Some Student Innovation Stories
Patents and Copyrights
It is policy of Lingaya's University to continuously encourage its employees for getting their research works recognized through publications, copyrights and patents. Patents have been applied in the area of electronics, computer science, urban development, robotics, chemistry, automobiles etc. Some of the patent applications in the pipe line are in the following areas: